I happened to be trying to run Glassfish on port 8080 and there was already another program using that port. There are tons of ways to find out what programs are running on X port, but I’ll give an easy way without having to install anything or with complex steps.
- Open a command prompt window. Win + R
- Command: netstat -ano
- Look for the PID (process identifier) associated with the ports you want to
- ctrl-alt-del to run the Windows Task Manager and select the Processes tab
- Look for the Process that has the PID that you saw previously
- If you don’t see the PID column, click on View and Select Columns and select PID
- Check if “Show processes from all users” is selected